Deep down inside of me I must long to be hairless. I think about how much time, money and pain I've spent on removing hair from my body and it's astounding. Razor blades alone are a huge cost in maintaining a somewhat hairless body. I think the last ones I bought were somewhere around $8 for four! Still better buy the good ones than get cuts from the cheapies right? I haven't used less expensive ones in a long time, so I don't know that it's true. I'm only speculating. I'm a little afraid of the bloody results that could occur in experimentation. Even so, the more expensive method is probably costing me well over $100 a year just to have hairless legs and armpits. I guess that isn't that much, but when you figure I've been shaving for 20 years it adds up.
Next: the insanity of waxing. I really feel like it pays to have someone else wax my eyebrows and upper lip. Unfortunately, I can't always find the time or the extra $$ to do so. It feels like being pampered when someone else does it, but the effects are the same. Nice clean brow line and no moustache. Fantastic! Still, who the hell puts hot wax on their face and rips out the hairs? I do. It's crazy, and yes, it hurts. Still, beauty knows no pain (to an extent anyway). I've had my legs waxed and actually that is somewhat relaxing. I would do this more often, but it's expensive and the inbetween weeks with fuzzy legs is less than pleasing. I've had my bikini area done and what the hell was I thinking. No, I'll stick to the old razor and shaving cream method for there. Seriously, I was bruised for weeks! Even worse I paid cash for it. WTF?
So, this is probably way more information than any of you wanted. I was just thinking though. It's really a lot of time and effort to keep up being hairless. Even so, it's better than the alternative.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment