I don’t know what to write about last night. It’s 10 p.m. tonight and my brain is still fuzzy. I didn’t drink THAT much. Just the combination was bad, bad, bad.
The best thing to say is that we went to dinner at Ivar’s. It was delicious. I had two glasses of pinot grigio with the appetizers & dinner. Then we caught a cab to go to karaoke.
The cab driver was phenomenal. He was a big black man from Somalia. When we got into the cab he asked where we were going (of course) and we told him Beacon Pub on Beacon Street in Beacon Hill. He said, “Beacon Pub?” we said yes. He said, “Beacon Street?” we said yes. He said “Beacon Hill?” and we said yes. Then he sang out “Beeeeacon Hill!” So, we sang back, “Beeeeeacon Hill!” We chatted with him about where all he’d lived in the US and about where we lived. It was a good ride.
When we pulled up to the pub it was a bit iffy looking. Somewhat dive barish, but we went in and there were people singing. We got some “Lucky Brand” beers and Anne and Abby went through the books, picked out songs and we waited for their turns. They sang. I danced. We drank. At some point Dan came back to the table with some shots. I had one. Then we had another. And eventually I had another. The beer and the shots were FUN!!! And then we came back w/ Mr. Beacon Hill as our cabbie. We did some drunk dialing. It was fun.
Then I came back to the hotel and vomited. Yep. I got SICK! Big time sick. Throwing up until 4 a.m. kind of sick. I felt really bad about keeping Dan and Abby up. I felt even worse that today I was really horribly hungover and not really able to do anything other than seek out cool spots on the sheets.. I didn’t get up until 5 p.m. and that was only after Annetastic gave me some AlkaSeltzer (thanks Anne!) and I rested some more. Man, I hate being hungover. Dan was so good to me. He’s a good boyfriend. A really good boyfriend.
I got up for the picnic we planned. I’ll add that info later. By the way, Abby is adding photos on Flickr like a mad woman. You should check them all out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment