Friday, June 09, 2006

Space needles, Moons and other interesting things I did today

I’m considering mooning someone from our 2nd story window. It would be easy enough considering the position of the bed and the window. I’ll let you know what I decide later.

After lazing about this morning we were finally all ready to go have breakfast at about noon. We walked to a little dive restaurant/bar called “5 points.” It seems all big cities have something called 5 points and Seattle appears to be no exception. The food was really good particularly the bacon. The bacon was delicious. I need more.

After the good bacon we walked. We walked to the Space Needle and EMP. We didn’t actually pay to go in and see anything because quite frankly I don’t think we were that interested and they were both pricey attractions. Instead we looked in the gift shops, watched people riding amusement park rides, children playing in fountains and wandered through gardens that made me long for a more moist climate in my own gardening space. All the while I was mauing on some fine cotton candy. Then it was getting sort of late so we headed down to Pike’s market. We walked, and walked and walked. It’s a long way from the Space Needle to Pike’s. A very long way. A really, really, really long way. We made it. My left knee hate me. But we got some coffee, chatted, and Dan bought me some flowers. We shopped and I ended up buying some fruit, Dan bought some salmon for the picnic tomorrow and Abby bought a lot of stuff. I think she’ll eventually blog about it, but right now she’s busily sorting through the 414 photos she took today. That is the actual count. She’s not joking around when it comes to taking pictures, people. By the way, you should check out her blog, too.

By the time we were done so were my feet. That’s what I get for wearing 4” wedges to walk around Seattle in, but dammit I looked GOOD doing it. Now we are recovering and getting ready to have dinner at Iver’s. Then later…karaoke. And NO, I’m NOT singing.

(I did moon someone, btw. The glass was really cold on my ass.)

No comments: