Monday, June 12, 2006

The Last 24 in Seattle

Our picnic was at a great park called the Gas Works Park. It’s got the most amazing view of the city. Despite some delays w/ getting there once we did our timing was perfect. Just after dinner the sun was setting. It was reflecting off the skyscrapers across the water and boats were out in plenty. I got to meet Heeeysos, AnnG and The Beige One and Anne’s boy, Steve. It was a lot of fun.

I think we all had enough fun that once we got back to the hotel we just chilled. I blogged a little (see the last post), Abby went through all her gazillion photos of the day, and Anne hung out while we watched a couple movies. It was very chill and sort of a good end to the evening. Abby stayed up until I have no idea when and then was up early Sunday morning to catch her flight. She made it to SFO without a hitch and had coffee with Mynxy and then flew home.

When Dan and I awoke we packed our things and then checked out of the hotel leaving most everything in the bellman’s room so we could go to Banya5. Oh, lovely, lovely Banya5. After spending 2 ½ hours at this Russian bathhouse I felt like I needed to rush back to Denver and open one exactly like it up here. The steam bath, sauna and then various “baths” were just what I needed to relax me completely. Then it was all topped off with a honey & salt scrub. Can you say “Delight?”

After this we were both just in the mood for taking it easy. I searched my purse and makeup bag for Anne’s phone number, but couldn’t find it. So, we sat down and I searched again, and again. Still no phone number. Turns out I left it in my backpack back at the hotel. So, I was hoping she would call and we moved on back to Pike’s market. We mostly browsed and then decided we should hit the Aquarium rather than trying to rush and take a ferry ride. On our way there Anne called. I missed the damn call. DAMN!!!

The Aquarium is under construction. I’m sure that it will be lovely once it’s done.

We decided to get a bite to eat and then head back to the hotel. We walked and walked finally getting to the hotel and picking up our bags. Sure enough. There was Anne’s phone number, but no time to see her. Damn! Damn! Damn! I called and we chatted until our car came to get us. And then off to the airport.

Our trip to Seattle was a lot of fun. I’m so glad I got to see Anne finally and hang out with Abby again. It had been a really long time. Now I’m plugging away at work wishing I would have taken a lunch break, but feeling like the 2 days I took off buried me. I am an American worker. Vacations never last long enough and work is always more than 40 hours a week. Even so, retreats like this past one help. A lot.

No comments: