I woke up this morning slightly hung over and in Seattle. The room was very dark when I awoke with grey soft light working its way between the blinds and the frame of the window. The sheets are heavy good sheets and I didn’t want to move. Then the phone rang from across the room. I hopped up so it wouldn’t disturb anyone else, but knew that it did. G was on the phone and he was upset. His 10 year old voice on the edge of tears because he was teased about a failure in making eggs. We worked it out a bit and then he handed the phone to B who was less than interested in talking on the phone. We hung up. It was still dark in the room but the sounds from the street were creeping in and waking us more and more. It was obvious that the working world was moving about and doing what it needed to do.
Eventually, Abby made the decision that we needed some food after I mentioned pancakes. I shuffled around and found the menu, turned on a light and saw my section. “For the Egg Averse” I ended up with a bowl of yogurt, nuts, granola and coconut w/ a side of fresh fruit and some sort of bread thing w/ a sauce. Needless to say the last was barely touched. I don’t like unknown sauces on my food. Abby had some eggs and potatoes. Dan had coffee. Well, we all had coffee, but he only had coffee.
My head still hurts. I’m glad it’s grey. Less chance of a migraine that way. We are going to head down to the Seattle Underground tour in a bit and check out that tour. Then tonight is Cirque and who knows what else. Who cares? It’s a vacation in a city I’ve never been to before. Everything is new and different and adventurous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment