Sunday, January 16, 2005

The week is ending. It's odd how our Christian calendars start with Sunday even though that is supposed to represent the day of rest, and that was the last day. Never the less, the day is almost done and another week is about to be introduced. I'm drinking a cup of Rooibos tea and hoping that my daughter isn't getting sick. She had a small family birthday party in her honor today and shortly after it was over she was laying down snoozing and not feeling well at all. Poor little monkey. Fortunately tomorrow isn't a school day so if she is sick she won't miss school. I'm listening to some mp3's I burned for Pecan awhile ago. The songs, the end of the week, and perhaps reading "The Wooden Sea" have made me thoughtful. Thinking of compromise in both it's good and bad forms, love, loyalty and how important good food is to bolster our souls.
Nora Jones "The Nearness of You" just came on. This version is so beautiful it brings tears to my eyes nearly every time. My friend Frisbee and I were talking earlier about love. About how some people are made to be in a couple and that fits them, and how others just are content with being individuals and don't need that companionship to feel fulfilled. I am the former and she's the latter. She compared it to my feelings about sushi. Some people just adore it and it's the tops to them. Nothing better. And they have friends who they drag along for it that just don't care for it. They want to like it because it's soooooo pretty and it seems to make their friends so happy, but then that one bite and it's just not something they care for. I don't like sushi, but I do fit being in love. It fits me. I just haven't found the person it fits with. Still I know that I'm willing to make the good compromises when the opportunity comes along and willing to wait so I don't have to make the bad ones again.
I think that this mood has created a good place for me to write a few paragraphs on one of my works in progress. I like writing. That fits me as well.

2 comments:

Frisbee Girl said...

Thing is, intellectually, I *do* want to want and like it. I wonder that I'm avoiding it altogether. If so, I'll likely get spanked by the universe/fate/God/life with a capital 'L'. Ah well, silly Frisbee! In the meantime, there are so many interesting things to run about and discover.

Smoooochie said...

Yes, and I WANT to like sushi. Just right now, it's not for me. Until then I'll just keep eating all that other fabulous yummy stuff out there.
Don't run into the glass wall if you know the fucker is there. Wait until someone else breaks that shit and then go investigate all the cool stuff it was blocking out before. ;)