Sunday, November 14, 2004

grey day sashes

The greyness of the day has settled into the half-hearty snow we received over the past day and a half. The mood fits the crooning of Jack Johnson coming from the beige speakers connected to my beige computer. Or is it putty? Either way it’s as non-descript as the outline of the grass outside. Sparse blades of grass prickle through their downy cover. I haven’t been outside this morning, but am sure that the sounds are clear and crisp as if to mock the grey, cloudy surrounding. It’s a pleasant and expected contrast that those in snowy regions take for granted, just as those in warm climes take thunderstorms as par for the course rather than something special. Today resembles my constitution as I’m in a fit of putty and bland. I want some excitement; a little bit of red in my plethora of grey. But what? A movie? Reading all day with some hot beverage by my side? A pad of paper and my thoughts? Only the day will tell and in it’s muted state I suspect that it won’t give me an answer. So, it’s up to me to create a gash on this blank sheet. Isn’t that the way?

I’m off to buy paper. I have ink and water colors. It’s time.

No comments: