
When I have been asked to name my top favs for music there are a few that always spring to mind. David Sylvian, Beastie Boys, Bob Marley, and always, always Sade. I put "Lovers Rock" on this morning and I'm on my third repeat of it. Her voice and the content of her songs always make me smile, bring a tear, make me want to sing, make me dance, and always make me remember the feel of being in love and of having my heart broken. She's just about how life feels a lot of the time. It's good.
I want to cook you a soup that warms your soul
But nothing would change,
nothing would change at all
It's just a day that brings it all about
Just another day and nothing's any good
The DJ's playing the same song
I have so much to doI have to carry on
I wonder if this grief will ever let me go
I feel like I am the king of sorrow,
yeahThe king of sorrow
~from the King of Sorrow by Sade


No comments:
Post a Comment