Monday, May 15, 2006
warm, wet, green...*sigh*
When I dream of a place to call home forever I don’t really think of Denver. Everyone seems to take this as me not liking Denver, but that’s not exactly true. I do really like Denver. There are things to do here that I can’t do anywhere else. It’s a good place for my children to be. Perhaps I’m not articulating myself very well. When I close my eyes and I think of all the places I truly have fallen in love with they have some things in common. Vegetation is a good start. Stockholm, Cape Town and Atlanta all have a lot of greenery and vegetation that I love. They have gardens that completely envelope. Also, they are all either on the water or not that far from it. There is something about being able to go to the ocean and have it just relax me that I can’t seem to get from any other source. Atlanta isn’t very far from the ocean so even a trip ever 6 months is easy. I miss the water. I didn’t grow up around any water, but somehow it’s come to be such a cleansing thing for me. I need that. Also, these places have some humidity. I miss feeling humidity. I miss the way warm wet air caresses my skin and makes me feel warm all the way through and not just on the surface. So, today I am dreaming of Cape Town and how I’d love to wake up to the green warmth that climate can provide. And yes, I do know that it's almost winter there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment