Three weeks until we move. Just three. Well, all our stuff will be moved next weekend, but for us to be permanent residents of Denver it's 3. I'm sitting among partially and completely filled boxes that contain bits of my life. Things that I've found important enough to keep or things that make life a little more interesting or comfortable. I'm so spoiled and have so much from a global perspective. I forget that sometimes. I forget that having a pencil in some places is a rare thing and yet we have boxes of them. Pencils.
It's cold again today. Cold with tiny little snowflakes whirling about on the breeze. I want May 1 to be warm and full of flowers and fresh springy air. Not bitter and snide.
While packing I found a letter I wrote on a napkin as we were making our way to Colorado. I was so full of hoping that the move was going to go well. I was so sure that the familiarity of the place would make the transition easier. I forgot that while the place is the same I'm not. So, I don't recognize here anymore and it certainly didn't recognize me. Better to move on.
Alright, I'm done rambling. This is why I haven't posted much. Fear of the lame ramble.
Sunday, May 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment