Tuesday, April 19, 2005

stress

There is one thing that is constant in my life. Stress. Certainly the level fluctuates, but it's always there. Is there enough money? What are the kids doing? etc. Right now my stress is sort of in the red zone. With the move there is the continual worry that I won't have enough money, or that things won't work out just right, or that I won't find a job. And I can look back at the past and say, "Hey, I've always done o.k. I've always survived and made it. Why would this be any different?" Somehow that doesn't seem to reduce the stress level or calm my fears. Then I call a friend and they say, "Smoooochie, you have always landed on your feet. You are super resourceful. So, how will this situation be any different?" And then I'm alright. I feel calmed and the stress, while not gone, is less. Why is it that I believe it when it's an external source, but question it when it's internal? Is this where my lack of self-esteem kicks in? Does it matter as long as I have awesome friends to remind me that I'm really an able person? Sure am glad that I do.

No comments: