Sunday, November 28, 2004

legos, lite brite and other little parts

The holiday has created a feeling of chaos that I would really have much rather avoided. All the cooking and preparation have led to feeling very behind in the rest of my daily activity. It was too much for too little return this year. I'm not saying that the time with my cousins wasn't enjoyable, but for me Thanksgiving day has always seemed a bit of an anti-climax to all the pre-day excitement. And now I just feel like I have forgotten to do something important and don't know what it is. So, I'll continue to go room to room cleaning the house, searching each crack and crevice for lite brite pieces, lego parts and whatever papers might have been set down because something more immediate came up. All of which just leads me to hoping that Christmas will be a different story. One with less chaos and anticipation of something fabulous that doesn't materialize. I'm hoping it doesn't sort of just evaporate like a pot of boiled water you actually intended for tea. Perhaps intention will save the day, but it's really hard to avoid the buy in of "stuff" when you have little ones. This is all just post-Thanksgiving frustration and hesitancy to move further into the season. The work, the effort and the chaos will perhaps pay off into something magical for me as well as my babies. As NeeNee would say, "Only time will tell."

No comments: