Monday, July 05, 2010

Easy life...really.

Today, this weekend really, has been pretty fantastic.  The hardest decision I had to make all weekend was maybe picking out the flavor of ice cream I wanted from Sweet Action.  (I had the Vanilla Porter.)  Granted I was a little sad because my children are far away and I miss them.  Even that fact proves what a pretty awesome life I lead.  And yes, Ezana, it is amazing.  Sometimes it does amaze me when I realize the kinds of lives others, even in our country, live.

Really, this life of mine is a pretty easy one.  I realize that and I'm thankful.  Very thankful.  Daily thankful.  I haven't always gotten what I wanted, or had things work out exactly the way I would have preferred.  But I am still very lucky to live the life I live.  I have people who love me and that I love.  I am able to provide for my children.  I'm relatively healthy (and working on the not so healthy parts).   And I have time to think, the luxury of being able to express myself, and the freedom & support to do so at will. 

So, with the taste of Vanilla Porter still in my mouth I'm smiling and thinking of all the blessings I have in my life, and all the wonderful people I have in my life.  And if I haven't told you lately, just so you know, I love you.

No comments: