Sunday, May 16, 2010

How I've Missed Atlanta!

Back in March Dan announced, "You're going to be mad at me.  I have to go to a conference in Atlanta in May."  My response was, "I'm not mad.  I'm going with."  So that's just what I did.  Well, I didn't go for the whole time, but for a few days.  A few fantastic days that reminded me about how much I love that city and how much I miss it.  I'll probably never get to move back, but I sure intend to make my visits more frequent.

This trip we spent a lot of time just doing some touristy stuff.  The aquarium, Stone Mountain (hiked up), Botanic Gardens, Farmer's Market, Braves game.  In between all that we ate some pretty fantastic food.  My favorite had to be at this Indian restaurant that was around the corner from my old townhouse.  It's called Bhojanic.  Really extremely good Indian food.  Much better than what we've had in Denver, so I think it might be time to start exploring that more here.  Also, we had some fantastic "new Southern" cuisine at South City Kitchen.  It was so ridiculously tasty.

Lastly, I got to see two really wonderful friends- Meg and Martha.  It was so wonderful to see them both and spend a little bit of time.  I need to get there more so I can have more time with them.  I need to get out there more, too, just to enjoy more of the non-touristy things like some of the music venues, afternoon in Piedmont Park, and all the other awesome restaurants that we didn't have time for. 

Atlanta was my home, and it still has a special place in my heart.

1 comment:

M said...

*hugs*

WE MISS YOU!

It was so fantastic to see you again :)

PS- isn't the Aquarium AWESOME?