There were a few things I learned early on in life that I somehow, along the way, managed to forget. I remembered them in the last 5 or 6 years, but sometimes I think about how much I love my life now and these are the reasons why.
1. Who cares what they think!? Meaning that whatever it is that I'm into whether it be geeky or silly or just boring and weird it doesn't matter what other people think as long as I'm not hurting anyone or infringing on others rights. I think this is what I got out of being a mohawked pierced teenager in a little town. Fuck 'em if they don't get it.
2. Stay busy. I was always busy as a teen and young adult. Then I sort of just put on that invisible burqua and forgot that the world was full of wonderful things. I wasn't going to be allowed to do them so why do anything. Yeah, I went to school/work and had kids, but the focus certainly wasn't on being full of life and enjoying it.
3. Take time for friends. Lots of time. Friendships take a lot of time. All friendships. My marriage and my family are always at the forefront, but time with my friends is critical. And it's not a competition between my friends and my family. I need all of them.
4. Try new stuff. Try new stuff a couple times before you decide if you like it or not.
5. This is one I share with my friends all the time. It's probably one of the most important things that I've ever learned in my life. I've never forgotten this one, but it's so important it has to be on this list. Always, always, always take the time to let the people you care about and love know it. Never let a chance to tell the people you love that you love them. You may not get another chance.
Anyway, that's all I've got for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment