Monday, August 03, 2009

The Skinny on long weekends


This weekend we spent approximately 20 hours on the children's sporting events. My house is still recovering from our "pit stops". The dogs are still paying us back for ignoring them for two days. We are all still recovering from the amount of time we spent going. That being said I wouldn't have traded this time for the world. I clearly realized this weekend that I have such a short time with my children to make them have a memorable childhood that I need to take each of these opportunities to really love them and be with them. It's only a few more years before I'm packing them up to college. That is scary. So, in the meantime, I have right now to enjoy with them. I hope that when they are grown they will look back and see how much they were and are loved.

No comments: