Sunday, September 14, 2008

The line was blurred some time ago.

I was just checking my Black Berry to see what messages I had. Yes, it is 8:40 p.m. on Sunday evening and I'm not technically on the clock. That being said having this silly little device helps me gt ready for my days. I know what I'm walking into the next morning. I can communicate in a few minutes information to people so that I don't have a line of people at my door when I show up (hopefully).
The reason I bring this up is because I think this line between on the clock and off the clock was erased for a long time. Even more so for public figures. Celebrities and politicians certainly have not had a clear, set line since I can remember. What they do in their private lives (from checking a BlackBerry on to having an affair) counts. This includes who they marry, how much money they have, etc. I don't know if this is fair or not, but it is what it is. So, when a politician refuses to answer a simple question about his monetary standing by claiming that it's private information I call bullshit. If you didn't want us to know your personal business and how it contradicts with your party line and platform then you shouldn't have thrown your name into the hat. Period.

No comments: