Living about 3 miles (as the crow flies) from where the Democratic National Convention had proved to be an interesting event. We've had helicopters flying through our neighborhood for the last month. At first it was training exercises. Men sitting in the helicopter doorways holding what appeared to be weapons as the choppers went slow and low. Low enough to count the legs and feet and guns. It has progressed into them buzzing through more quickly.
It all makes me wonder what we are in for. Hopefully not much more than the inconvenience of me not being able to ride my bike to work. I guess we'll see.
That brings up another challenge that I'm facing right now. School starts in 10 days and I don't have it figured out about how I'm going to ride my bike in at least 2 days if not 3. It's not just a matter of saving gas, although it does, but rather it's an easy way for me to get some good exercise in a fairly quick and easy way. I know I won't be riding when it gets cold, but I need to figure out how to ride until then. The other thing about riding my bike is it makes my day go better. I'm always in a better mood from the ride to or from than when I drive. I ride along the Cherry Creek path and often get to see some really cool birds, interesting people, and just sort of get into a zone.
On another note, wedding planning is going. I'm not enjoying it. I am excited about my dress, but other than that...yeah...destination wedding is looking better and better although it's still not likely since we have to "have a party". blah...who needs a party when you can have a BEACH!?
The helicopters are back over head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment