Our first day of actual vacation was spend, for the most part, driving. After sending the kids off on their annual journey to Loganville, GA we hit the road. We headed west on I-70 and saw a lot of beautiful mountain scenery. It wasn't anything new, but it's still beautiful.
Our plan was to stop at Edwards and ride at their skatepark. We did so, since it wa
s the plan, after all. They have an amazing skatepark. It's unfortunate that it's probably covered in snow a lot of the year. We are definitely going to have to get the kids up to ride it. I know G will love it.
s the plan, after all. They have an amazing skatepark. It's unfortunate that it's probably covered in snow a lot of the year. We are definitely going to have to get the kids up to ride it. I know G will love it.After stopping there we decided to venture on to Glenwood Springs to grab a bite to eat. I'm glad we did. We stopped at "Charcoal Burger" and oh man! It was so yummy. It's just a small mom and pop that looks like it's been their forever. The food was excellent though. The weather was holding out for our journey so we sat outside and enjoyed the sun.
Venturing on we kept heading west. Dan forgot the directions but swore that he remembered where we turned onto this little tiny road in Utah that would save us an hour. We turned on UT-6. It was this itty bitty sort of paved road that really was not meant for anything but local traffic. I kept waiting for that guy from "No Country For Old Men" to try and pull us over with his cow killer thingy. Well, we lived to make it to Hwy 128 which is this really beautiful (and still a little scary) road that winds along the Colorado river. I say scary because the riverbank is starting to eat away at not just the shoulder, but the highway itself. Dan has a love for riding the shoulder, which I very kindly and emphatically told him to avoid practicing.

We headed straight for our B&B upon getting into town. We stayed at this place called the "Cali Cochitta Bed and Breakfast". It was really a treat and I do highly recommend anyone heading to Moab that isn't camping staying there. I'll say more about how great it was later. After getting settled in we walked to Eddie McStiffs and had some dinner. That was about it for our first vacation day. The trip only took us about 6 hours including the stops for skateboarding and eating.


No comments:
Post a Comment