I keep telling myself that I'm going to blog more. And then I don't. I think I spend a good deal of my blog energy on a private forum that I belong to with a number of my other friends who live far away. It's not the time really, but more that once I've said stuff there or commented there I just don't come over to my blog and post. I want to, but I don't. Sort of like moving the TV on a weekly basis and sweeping back there. I want to, but I don't so it ends up being a monthly thing rather than a weekly thing.
So, what's new?
Well, it's nearly summer. The garden is coming along quite nicely. We are at the point of putting down mulch to help retain moisture and retard the weeds. I need to find something that's o.k. to put in my herb garden (and in the basil plot) because somehow putting red hardwood mulch doesn't seem like it would be a good idea. I think most of the seeds I put in have popped up and are growing quite nicely. Our clematis that performed so poorly (first year it sleeps, second it creeps, third it leaps) is leaping, but it's only the second year sooooo... Anyway, I promise to post photos soon.
We've been skateboarding as much as possible. I got new trucks for Mother's Day and they are so freaking smooth. I'm actually getting pretty high up in the bowls now and carrying my speed a lot better. I still love the way skateboarding feels. Why didn't I start earlier?
New sport- mountain biking. No, not just riding on a gravel path, but really doing some fun single track stuff. Right now my biggest hurdle is figuring out my clipin thingies. I got the new pedals and the cleats installed last night and I practice a little getting in and out stopped and while going. Yeah...about that... So, I had just started actually trying while riding and a car came up on our street so I sort of moved over. I wasn't panicked, but I couldn't get my cleat undone. So, I fell over...in front of the car! Fortunately they were barely going and I got my foot off just as i was going down. My knee got a little skinned, but I lived and I got better as the evening progressed. I have a few days before I actually need to be good at it. I do have to take my bike back in after just getting it back. I'm so pissed. The bike shop dorks changed out my rims (factory warranty covered, thank ra) but then they didn't bother to tighten up my back brake when they were done so it's really loose. Dan picked up my bike so didn't check it out until he got home and then I was like..uh, this shouldn't hit my handlebar! grrr... bike fixer dorks do your job!
The kids are out of school next week. Geoffrey is moving on to 7th grade and Bronte into 5th. It's hard to believe my babies have grown up so quickly, but I guess that they do that. They both have busy summers ahead. um...well, they will once I start planning our activities. I have time, right?
Lastly, I think once the kids are back from Georgia I'm going to start looking for another little boy boxer. I miss having a boy who likes hugs around. Lily isn't nearly so snuggly as Max ever was so I have to be sure to get one that likes them. Besides, she loves Dan WAY more than she loves me. I need some puppy love! haha!
O.K. How was that for a post? Not to bad for being away for so long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment