Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mama said there'd be days like this...

When I got into work I had an e-mail waiting for me that began "Oh My God!" Following the internal link I discovered that somehow we had received 33 new resumes over night for a position we've been trying to fill for what seems like an eternity. We are into second interviews, but quite frankly haven't found "The One." I headed over to the resumes and the first one I read had this in their signature line:

"There is no compromise or negotiation when it comes to who will run your life. Either you take charge and live a productive life of your choosing or you allow yourself to be ruled by circumstances. But there will inevitably be setbacks. In the old West, a cowboy expression went: "there never was a horse that couldn't be rode, and there never was a rider that couldn't be throwed." Like everyone else, you will have days when everything goes right and you are on top of the world. Relish those days enjoy them, and remember them. Recall the euphoria that accompanied them when you need an extra measure of positive thinking to get back in the saddle after you've experienced an embarrassing and painful fall. ~Napoleon Hill"

Maybe I should have taken it for a a sign and taken stock of all the awesomeness in my life. It's a pretty good list to be honest and I don't really take the good for granted. However, you just never know when you are going to need to recall the good to help you overcome the bad. Today is one of those days. It's not the big stuff that does it, but the minutia that adds up. So, rather than eating my lunch that someone stole from the fridge I am here, eating a banana that I fortunately didn't eat yesterday, looking at the beautiful smiles of my children.

Now, what's next?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a very good quote!

(and not a bad earworm, either!)