Wednesday, January 23, 2008
"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"
I was talking to my friend AbbyLadyBug today about the wonder of people who have clean houses. We are perplexed by the phenomenon of people who's houses look like showrooms all of the time. How do they do it? I'm not saying that I don't clean my house. I do. A lot. Between laundry, picking up, doing dishes, etc. it easily is an hour a day and then on the weekends it's even more. So, why is my house always messy?! I know it's possible for people with kids to have neat and tidy houses, but how? HOW? My only answer is that they don't have anything else in their lives but cleaning. That IS their hobby, their pastime, their exercise, their entertainment. It's the only conclusion I can come to. Honestly, I love having a clean house, but having it clean 100% of the time is not worth the sacrifices I'd have to make elsewhere. You will never hear me say, "Sorry, I can't go skateboarding today because I need to mop my floors."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I agree.
Yesterday I was all set to take down the Christmas lights and Deshawn says, "Let's go fishing".
I gotta go take down some lights now.
Post a Comment