
We got back early this morning from the East coast. It was probably around 2 by the time we got to bed. We got up around 9:30 and began getting things in order and recollecting ourselves from an 8 day trip. Eight days is long time to be away from home, and the comforts that are taken for granted. It was a long time for me to be without a computer to write down my thoughts, communicate easily with friends and just check on the world. I think it was what I needed though. Time to unplug and think outside of this little box and get some clarity about things in my “real” non-vacation mode life.
On our second full day of vacation we woke up and went right down to the beach. I began watching the waves, the sand, the birds and the sky. I spent a lot of the next 4 days doing the same thing. It’s funny how when the waves roll in they sort of wash away a lot of the fluff that hides truly important things in life. I found that to be so on this trip.
Here is a little of what I wrote while watching the waves.
“As I sit among the pieces of broken seashell, washed up seaweed and kelp watching Dan in the distance I realize how incredibly important he is to me. …Surfing takes a lot of skill that non-surfers take for granted. It’s not a sport for the impatient. The sea is powerful so it’s also not a sport for the weak or timid. Dan is a surfer from head to toe. He is strong, patient and not timid. I love him.”
Mostly, I just watched the ocean and took into every pore. It was like a painting. Something that you can’t really wrap words around, but rather you just have to see it.
I have a lot more to say about the trip, but I’m tired. This will have to be enough for now.
On our second full day of vacation we woke up and went right down to the beach. I began watching the waves, the sand, the birds and the sky. I spent a lot of the next 4 days doing the same thing. It’s funny how when the waves roll in they sort of wash away a lot of the fluff that hides truly important things in life. I found that to be so on this trip.
Here is a little of what I wrote while watching the waves.
“As I sit among the pieces of broken seashell, washed up seaweed and kelp watching Dan in the distance I realize how incredibly important he is to me. …Surfing takes a lot of skill that non-surfers take for granted. It’s not a sport for the impatient. The sea is powerful so it’s also not a sport for the weak or timid. Dan is a surfer from head to toe. He is strong, patient and not timid. I love him.”
Mostly, I just watched the ocean and took into every pore. It was like a painting. Something that you can’t really wrap words around, but rather you just have to see it.
I have a lot more to say about the trip, but I’m tired. This will have to be enough for now.


No comments:
Post a Comment