Monday, June 25, 2007
Morning Observation
This morning as I was stopped at a stoplight on my way into work a woman began crossing the street. She was probably in her late 30’s but maybe younger, black and heavy set. Her hair was neatly done and her clothes were freshly pressed. I am assuming she was on her way to work, as well, because it was early and she was near the light rail station. She walked slowly. Very slowly in fact with a slight limp as if her left knee were hurting her. I wondered if she would make it across the street before the light changed. Her progress was so slow I began to worry, but as I watched she made it. Just barely in time, but she put her foot on the curb and as if the light new she was across it changed. I think that my fellow drivers waiting for the light were caught up in her slow progress, just as I was, because we all paused even after the light turned from red to green before we refocused on our journey past the woman on to our destinations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment