Over the weekend Jimmy Carter made a comment about the Bush administration. Now he's recanting after the Bush administration said that he's irrelevant. This has been on my mind off and on all day.
Whether you like Carter or not is irrelevent here. I think he's a mixed bag of tricks personally. He's done good and bad. Even so, I think he was right the first time. The Bush Administration is a disaster. There continues to be more and more evidence to the dispicability and corruptibility of the current Administration. It doesn't take much searching or much brain power to look at the economy ($4 for gas in Cali), the way the war is going (basic failure on every level), and the DOJ scandal to figure out whether or not Carter's allegations are spot on. They are, and now the Bushies are up in arms disputing Carter's initial statement. If he was as irrelevant as they are claiming they could have kept quiet about it and said, "We stand by our record." But they can't. They can't because they know that Carter still has a lot of leverage with the world community. So, they are shouting from the rooftops, and I think they are making so much noise because deep down they know what Carter said is TRUE. Like I said, "A hit dog will holler."
Now as far as Carter recanting I think the explanation is pretty simple. He made a hasty comment and then was either reminded or he remembered that there is an election coming up. I don't think he wants it any harder for his party than it has to be. A call from some Democrat friend probably coaxed the recant from him. Whatever. Whether you want to chalk it up to him seeing and stating what is obvious or chalk it up to an old man getting it right on accident the bottom line is that the Bush Administration sucks and goes into defenst mode when someone points out that very obvious fact.


No comments:
Post a Comment