Dear Senator ...
I am writing to you today to make a
request. After watching and thinking about the scandal that has arisen out
of the Department of Justice I would like to sincerely urge you to take part in
the vote of no-confidence against Alberto Gonzales. The reasons are
many. I would like to take a moment to share why I feel this is
necessary.
First Mr. Gonzales has a proven track record of not
remembering. He doesn’t remember meetings. He doesn’t remember being
presented with the idea of people being fired without cause. He’s said it
on numerous occasions. While I understand that he’s a busy man I find it
very improbable to remember that he cannot remember being part of discussions to
not only fire 8 U.S. Attorneys, but potentially firing many more. There is
proof that he was in the meetings and was keyed in on the firings. Yet, he
doesn’t remember them. We need an Attorney General that can remember what
goes on under his/her nose and drive the Department to work for the American
people.
When you hold an office of such importance, as you do,
there is a thing call accountability. By simply signing off on a
document that gave Monica Goodling and Kyle Sampson the power to make
hiring decisions for very key positions he was passing the buck to two very
junior people in the department with little or no experience in managing such a
task. He was saying that someone with little experience could do his
job. If he doesn’t want the accountability or the work of being Attorney
General then why should we have confidence in his work?
Honestly, Senator, I don’t understand the language he uses.
On one hand he says that he didn’t do anything improper and that he’s done
nothing wrong but then on the other he claims that not only does he not
remember, but that mistakes were made. I’m sorry, but this is
contradictory and I don’t feel that it’s fair to the American people to have an
Attorney General who is supposed to be upholding the law be so confounded in his
own actions!! This isn’t a mistake that was devoid of harm. It
harmed a lot of people and his only defense was that he doesn’t remember.
That just doesn’t cut it when you are the Attorney General. Or at least it
shouldn’t.
Quite frankly, I haven’t even discussed the shaky
ideology that Mr. Gonzales has with regard to the power of the President.
And that’s the problem. It’s an ideology. In law, in government law,
it’s not about some theory derived from a political think tank. It’s about
the LAW that is based on reasoning and thought. I don’t think that Mr.
Gonzales gets that. He plays dumb half the time and then the other time
he’s being defensive. I do not find any sort of security knowing that this
man is in charge of the Judicial Branch of the United States.
So, with that being said please think about what kind of Attorney
General your constituency deserves and vote against Alberto Gonzales in the vote
of no confidence next month. We THE PEOPLE deserve someone who is not
willing to pass the buck and shun his/her duties, but rather stand with Lady
Justice in defense of the law.
Thank you for your time.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Dear Senator...
Alright, so I probably sound like a crazy person in my letter to Senators Allard and Salazar, but I had to say something. I am so sick of the Bush Administration infiltrating the other branches of our government and corrupting the very foundations of our system. They all need to go and Gonzales is a fine place to start! Here's the letter:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment