We had been in our new house for a couple of weeks and for whatever reason I ended up leaving the house a little bit after 8 a.m. one Thursday morning. I had a ticket because it was street sweeping day and I didn’t realize it. So, I had the ticket and forgot. Four days before it was due I remembered, wrote the check, and mailed the $20 fine to the City of Denver. No worries. It was postmarked before the due date.
Three weeks later I get another fine. This time it’s a late fee! What? A twenty dollar late fee for something I postmarked 4 days before the due date and which should have only taken a maximum of 48 hours to get to the right office? I called the City and they said that they didn’t get the check into their system until the 26th. That was 2 full days AFTER the due date so my payment was late. The woman wasn’t budging. FINE! I paid the $20. My simple $20 parking ticket had now turned into a $40 fine.
I just opened a collection notice on the $40 I already paid and that they actually show being paid on the notice! Now, just how is it that they can charge me $20 on $40 I’ve already paid????? And what recourse do I have with the City government that has now charged me $60 for a ticket that was initially only $20? They show that I paid the money right on the collection notice. They are just charging me for collection. How are they having to do anything to collect money they already collected? I’m so angry and confused. Fucking parking Nazi logic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment