This will probably be a boring post for any readers that don’t live near the mountains or wilderness of any sort. However, I do. I don’t live as close as some people, but that is my choice. I choose to live in the city. I choose to live in the city because I like to live in the city with the various things a city affords. I deal with the bad parts that I’m not thrilled about like the bums, crime, and noise. Many Coloradans choose to live in the foothills or in the mountains because they enjoy being in nature and the peace and quiet that affords them. Many of these Coloradans understand that living in the foothills or mountains means that they will encounter a part of nature called “wildlife.” I don’t mean squirrels or chipmunks. I mean bears and mountain lions. Yes, those are found near Denver because this is their habitat.
So, where is this going? Well, it’s those other few Coloradans that don’t really grasp the “bad” part of living in or near the mountains. They believe that because they own the land that the nature is theirs and even the parts of nature they don’t like will respect that. Sorry, but it doesn’t work quite that way. In short, I’m so fucking sick of these morons in the news who are shocked when their family pet gets eaten by a predator. WTF? YOU LIVE IN THE FUCKING MOUNTAINS!! MOUNTAIN LION!! Why would it be called a “MOUNTAIN” lion if it didn’t live in the motherfucking mountains? If you live in the mountains there will be mountain lions and maybe even bears. They don’t quite have the ability to “get” that they are on private property. If you live in or near the mountains do not be shocked if your family pet becomes dinner. It happens. It’s part of the nature you moved to the mountains for. Don't kill innocent animals that are doing what their instincts need them to do. They hunt so they can survive. They search for food IN their own environment. If people choose to move there then they need to accept all of the nature including mountain lions in the mountains.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment