Sunday, May 21, 2006
Educating my children outside of school
I was driving along in my Jeep and realized that there are a number of things that I need my children to know that school isn’t going to teach them. Things I don’t want school teaching them, because I don’t know that the schools really get it. I missed out a lot because I spent a lot of time in school learning only what they wanted me to learn. I didn’t get it from my parents because I don’t think they realized that school wasn’t going to teach me these things or realize I needed to learn some basic things to cope with the adult world. I had to learn a lot of lessons after I left home and while I had a lot of book knowledge that didn’t do me a lot of good when I needed to do laundry, cook dinner or most importantly manage my money. I’m going to be blogging off and on about the things that I feel I need to teach my own children. What I think I need to teach them, what I know they need to learn about the world as it is today, and I hope getting some feedback from my readers on what they know and have learned that might help me in this crazy attempt at preparing children to be adults.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment