Friday, September 30, 2005

I needed this

Sitting on a deserted cold beach watching the waves come into shore and wash the sand leaving a print that fades is one of the most cleansing activities that I can think of. It doesn’t just relax me. It goes deeper. Much deeper into my being not only washing the sand clean, but washing all the residue frustrations and torments in life leave behind. There are few other places or things that can do this for me. Late last week I discovered one.

Sophie & Ives- Untie Me

There are a handful of albums that I can go to when I’m frustrated with the weight of the everyday world. This one is the newest of them. For me it washes over like a salty wave shifting and moving the things that are worrisome out of the way and leaving behind a clean slate. It leaves a purity that remembers what it is to love simply, enjoy simply and hardest of all be calm and quiet. I’m not very good at those. This reminds me that I am capable of that state.

No comments: