As a rule I don't care if someone smokes. I am not a non-smoker that nags or complains about a smoker. Honestly, if they want to smoke great. Whatever. I like the smell of a freshly lit cigarette quite honestly, but am not inclined to take it up. What bugs me are the smokers that have no sense of humor about their habit. I mean here is an addiction (that's not a judgement call) that will make people go out in the freezing cold wintery weather to burn a cigarette! Sorry, but I am making sure all my addictions can be met where it's WARM.
Anyway, today a woman I work with was about to go out to have a cigarette and she was coughing this obvious smoker's cough, and I very jokingly said, "Have another one!" Her "witty" response? "Why don't you have another child?" um..WTF does this mean exactly? I'm a little perplexed how these corrolate in any way. Can someone help me on this one?
Thursday, February 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What I think is happening here is that she clearly is feeling guilty about her habit (or maybe she's just a little conflicted). What I don't understand is how could she equate smoking with child-bearing? Did you ask her?
This is the same chick that made the "walk like an egyptian comment." It's not my fault she's old an bitter. She should take that shit to the gym and work it out.
Post a Comment