Wednesday, February 02, 2005

I just ran my fingers through my hair. I washed it this morning and took the time to blow it fairly straight. It really does affect the texture when I take the time to do something with it. It's so silky and soft right now. I have an appointment on the 12th to get about 4 inches of the length chopped. I really want something funky and yet sexy. I hope "Markie" can do that for me. We'll see. We'll see.
I was talking to a co-worker today about reading the classics. He was going to try to read The Top 100 Books of All Time at one point. He got to page 2 of #1. I can't say that I blame him. Ulysses has never really appealed to me. I was thinking about it and I don't know if I could come up with a top 100. That's a LOT of books. I'm thinking maybe a top 20. I'll get back to you on this one. I need to give it some thought. I think of the list I agree much more with the reader's list than the boards list.
Sadly I've been listening to a lot of pop radio recently. Actually, it's an internet radio station out of Paris, so there is a lot of stuff that would never make it here. There is some good and some crap. Like what does the world find so damned appealling about Beyonce? She seems rather unappealing to me. Like an old banana. On the other hand I still really like the various versions of "Bohemian Rhapsody." The new one by the Braids is nice. It sort of reminds me of the Fugees version a few years ago. Oh, and Natasha Bedingfield. I am so diggin' her. Go ahead. Kick me for that. It's o.k.
The "President" is about to come on. I am still irked about him getting another 4 years and not a little disturbed about the changes he's proposing. I suppose I should haul my ass upstairs and turn on the boob tube to watch the boob. Add that to my file.
Alright, so I owe my dear readers a list. I'll get on that after fucktard gets done rambling on and I read to my kids. hmmmmm...top books. Books are good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
One Flew Over A Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
The Idiot by Fydor Dostoevsky
Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pybchon (kinda like reading Ulysses only easier)
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
Another Roadside Attraction by Tom Robbins
The Mysterious Stranger by Mark Twain
Little Big Man by Thomas Berger
Of Human Bondage by Somerset Maughan

Frisbee Girl said...

"Actually, it's an internet radio station out of Paris"

Ooooh!! Is it Radio Nova? If so, I lurve that one! Syd's got me completely hooked on it. It's ridiculous, I know, but we have some really fun conversations about it.

Smoooochie said...

Radio Nova? I'll have to check that out. It's actually frequence3.com. It's so pop, but some of the stuff is really fun and I can bop around while I"m cleaning up after the babies.