Friday, February 04, 2005

All About this Scary Conservative town

I am working on that top 20 list of books still. I'm at about 12 or so. Give me time.

Alright, so there is a company down the hall from my office called "All About God." This is not atypical of the type of thing in Colorado Springs. In fact it's pretty normal here. I did a simple Google search just using the words "Colorado Springs Christian" and lookie, lookie what I found. CHRISTIANS!! And a lot of them. I guess I'm just a little unnerved and experiencing some culture shock still. The area I called home for 5 years was a remarkable mix of religions and cultures. I had really become unaccustomed to so much homogeneity, and quite honestly I don't want to become accustomed to it. The bottom line I think is that it feels uncomfortable to me. O.K. I don't know where this is going. Anyway.

No comments: