Friday, December 24, 2004

2004

What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?

Went 120 mph on a motorcycle.

Did you keep your new years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?

Yes, I haven’t touched sushi all year. WooT.

Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes, two adorable little babies. A friend of mine that I’ve known since I was 13 and my best friend had one. It’s awesome.

Did anyone close to you die?

No, not yet.

What countries did you visit?

I went through Texas. Does that count?

What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?

Someone who adores me, more $$ so it’s not so tight all the time, a motorcycle

What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

July 15th. It’s when I got back to Colorado.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Trying out a career I’ve been interested in.

What was your biggest failure?

Not moving somewhere that I am happy with.

Did you suffer illness or injury?

Yes. I got this freaky stomach thing. The Dr.’s at Emory never figured it out and for the most part it’s gone, but every now and then comes back.

What was the best thing you bought?

Who knows? Ultimately it's just stuff.

Whose behavior merited celebration?

My children, because they are so awesome.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

My ex-husband, George Bush, Tom™. I’ll keep my personal opinions on each one to myself. Fuckheads.

Where did most of your money go?

To making sure my kids are housed, fed and clothed.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Any one of my trips to SF

What song will always remind you of 2004?

Slackers~ have the time

Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder?

Hard to say. Each year has a little of both.

thinner or fatter? same
richer or poorer? Poorer, Colorado is fucking expensive.

What do you wish you'd done more of?

Hiking or doing outdoors stuff w/ my children

What do you wish you'd done less of?

Wasting time on the phone w/ boys.

How will you be spending Christmas?

With my mom, aunt and cousins. My babies are going to Georgia.

Did you fall in love in 2004?

Yes. It hurt, thus the fall part.

What was your favorite TV program?

Overhauled (please someone tell them how rockin’ it would be for my Yeep to get overhauled. PLEASE!!! Yes, I’m begging.)

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

No, why bother wasting that much emotion.

What was the best book you read?

Stiff by Mary Roach

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2004?

Oh hell…um…um…just one? Too many ambient and downtempo groove things to even start naming just one.

What did you want and get?

A blog of my very own!

What did you want and not get?

A motorcycle and all the ecoutrements, true love (not to bleve)

What was your favorite film of this year?

Um………I “heart” Huckabees

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I went to SF and partied my ass off w/ my friends. It rocked. I was 35.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Less drama regarding men. Next year fuck it.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?

Global Fusion

What kept you sane?

Who said anything about being sane?

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Jason Statham, DUH!!

What political issue stirred you the most?

The fact that George Bush is less of an idiot than 51% of the population that re-elected him.

Who did you miss?

I will always miss my grandmother more than anyone I’ve ever known. She was my hero.

Who was the best new person you met?

This is an unfair question. Frisbee is right up there, though. She is an amazing person and really an amazing echo.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004: Stop being so damn serious, and that it’s alright to be 100% honest to people you love. That was the hardest one, because it was so deeply ingrained that I had to deny being me, and now I don't. It's really wonderful to not have to try to be something that I'm not.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Times Like These (01) (Jack Johnson)
in times like thesein times like those
what will be will beand so it goes
and it always goes on and on
and on and on it goes
and theres always been laughing, crying, birth, and dying
boys and girls with hearts that take and give and break
and heal and grow and recreate and raise and nurture
but then hurt from time to times like these
and times like those
what will be will be
and so it goes
and there will always be stop and go and fast and slow
action, reaction, sticks and stones and broken bones
those for peace and those for war
and god bless these ones not those ones
but these ones made times like these
and times like those
what will be will be
and so it goes
and it always goes on and on
and on and on it goes
but somehow i know it wont be the same
somehow i know itll never be the same

1 comment:

Frisbee Girl said...

Aw, Smoooochie, we must have been on the same wavelength when we were answering this.

Yay, Abby! Thanks, lady - the three of you were the perfect cap on this pretty incredible year!

Whew! DONE.