The wind is whipping about outside and causing our garage door to bang. It woke me up. Why doesn't the garage door latch you might ask, thus keeping it from banging? Well, a couple days after we moved in one of my children decided that locking the small door was a good idea while the big door was down. The problem was I didn't yet have the remote to the garage door opener. So, the car and all the contents of the garage were locked inside. The cool thing was I got to break the door open using my fantastic "Charlie's Angels" kick~ HIIII~YA!!!. The not so cool thing is I have yet to fix the damn door so it bangs when it's breezy outside. That is SO going on the list of things to do this weekend.
Also, I remember now why I don't usually go to bed before 11. When I get to sleep too early I find that I am a lighter sleeper than if I go later. Therefore I wake up during the middle of the night at noises like the garage door, that is clear across the house, banging. Then I start thinking I should check it out or whatever and get up and end up checking e-mail or Tribe or now, blogging. I do see this return to my usual waking pattern as a return to health. Still, I am up when I should be down. Awake when I should be having sweet dreams of...I'll keep those to myself, thank you very much.
I was informed this evening that most people tend to work during the day. This is an unfortunate turn of events when I want to talk to one of my best friends (who is a film editor) who ends up having to make meetings with these dayworker types at night so that he can work. hmph! I have important things to ask him! Like what page is he on in the book we are reading together! And is such and such a movie worth paying to see! And what is his mom cooking for Thanksgiving this year! (Speaking of Unfortunate Events and film editors I'm sooooo getting stoked to see the Lemony Snicket movie.) Alright, so maybe I'll just call him now. He's prolly (translation: probably) still awake since he has the foresight not to go to bed so early that he doesn't sleep well. Something I could have used advice on when he was in a meeting.
Thus concludes my rant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
We are reading "Confederacy of Dunces." Actually, he was reading it and said that I really needed to, so I got it and am reading it. He's working again like before he met Mynxy. :( No good. He needs a woman to balance his work out or he just sinks into it deeper and deeper. I say he needs a woman because other pasttimes haven't worked. Only that seems to keep him from working 16+ hours a day.
Post a Comment