The rain that 'they' said was coming this afternoon is about to arrive, announcing itself with distant booms and ominous clouds. It's creeping in to ruin the activities planned for later. The rain isn't unexpected or unneeded, but somehow just unwanted for today.
On another note...
I have been known to say that I was 12 lbs lighter when I met my fiance. This is true. I was. It certainly has been an obvious indicator that my lifestyle has changed. I am a part of a we. A comfortable we in many, many ways. Is my weight gain an indicator of the comfort? Perhaps, but there is lot less obvious signal that my life has changed. It is the fact that I am now able to take hikes without becoming hopelessly (and dangerously due to my asthma) winded. I can also gladly and willingly take 10 mile bike rides without feeling as if it might kill me. It's a lot of little indicators that while my size may have slightly increased my comfort, health and experience have been the cause.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm also a little heavier than before Jeremy, but I find that I'm more willing and able to do those same kinds of things-- he's incredibly athletic, and definitely challenges me every day!
Post a Comment