
I’ve probably quoted this here in another post, but it being January 1, 2008 I’m going to repeat it. A successful year is one where when you look back you can find tears and laughter both. I think 2007 was a year like that for me.
In 2007, I fell in love with my boyfriend again and again. He is such an amazing man. I was proud of my children time and time again because they are phenomenal kids. I love them so much. I cheered my family and friends on in their various endeavors watching them succeed and fail and always trying to be there to support them either way. I accomplished some minor goals and stuck to my guns to do the right thing. In turn I cried at my failures, I worried over things that I couldn’t change, educated myself about some important matters and I felt the loss of loved ones deeper than expected. My 2007 wasn’t an apparently ground breaking year, but for me it was a foundation for amazing things to come. It was a wonderful year.
I think 2008 will be just as good for some of the same reasons and some totally different reasons. I don’t have any resolutions really. I need to lose a couple of pounds. I have some financial and educational goals. I’d like to get better at a few things. And of course there are things that I’d like to help my children accomplish and things I’d like to do for/with them. You see, to me a resolution is a promise to myself to do something. I don’t need to promise myself. I just need to do them. It’s like that cheesy “Star Wars” quote, “There is no try. Do or don’t do.” It’s true though. Either do it or not. So, I’ll just follow my plan and see how it goes.
In 2007, I fell in love with my boyfriend again and again. He is such an amazing man. I was proud of my children time and time again because they are phenomenal kids. I love them so much. I cheered my family and friends on in their various endeavors watching them succeed and fail and always trying to be there to support them either way. I accomplished some minor goals and stuck to my guns to do the right thing. In turn I cried at my failures, I worried over things that I couldn’t change, educated myself about some important matters and I felt the loss of loved ones deeper than expected. My 2007 wasn’t an apparently ground breaking year, but for me it was a foundation for amazing things to come. It was a wonderful year.
I think 2008 will be just as good for some of the same reasons and some totally different reasons. I don’t have any resolutions really. I need to lose a couple of pounds. I have some financial and educational goals. I’d like to get better at a few things. And of course there are things that I’d like to help my children accomplish and things I’d like to do for/with them. You see, to me a resolution is a promise to myself to do something. I don’t need to promise myself. I just need to do them. It’s like that cheesy “Star Wars” quote, “There is no try. Do or don’t do.” It’s true though. Either do it or not. So, I’ll just follow my plan and see how it goes.


1 comment:
You're doing great! You've built such a nice life for yourself. I hope I can have one like that some day!
Post a Comment