Wednesday, September 05, 2007

on blogging

I was just reading Jonathan Carroll’s blog. I hadn’t read it in sometime, but was having a slow day at work and it occurred to me that I missed my old “friend.” His blog, like Neil Gaiman’s, is a source of enjoyment to me. I realized how I’d missed it. It’s now bookmarked on this computer so I can keep in touch, so to speak.

One of the things that I like about his blog is that it’s varied. There are things he’s read or watched on You Tube that he wants to share, three sentence long vignettes, or whole paragraphs about “a time when…” It’s the kind of blog that makes me want to write more than I do, because it’s fun to create and it also reminds me that it doesn’t have to be big, useful or important to be something that is enjoyed.

I am going to try and keep that in mind as I continue to write my little blog here. It’s small and opinionated, but it’s something I enjoy. So, on with the show.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Oh, I forgot he had that. I loved his books. I know I don't SEEM like I'd love books about heroin addiction, but I read both (or were there 3?) of them.