Monday, July 02, 2007

Our President Likes Criminals


Today I. Scooter Libby received the gift of a lifetime. President G. W. Bush commuted his sentence that would have had him behind bars for 2 1/2 years because he felt that the sentence was too harsh. I, along with many others, am outraged. I encourage everyone who feels that criminals should do their time write or call their Congress people. I wrote. Here's what it said.



"What do you call a man who has lied under oath and blatantly obstructed the
U.S. Justice system? I call him a criminal. The judge that oversaw
the I. Scooter Libby trial agreed and sentenced Mr. Libby to time in
jail for his crimes. I doubt that he took his duties as a
judge lightly. Most judges don't take their jobs lightly and that
is why we trust them to apply the law with an even hand. So,
how is it that the President, who has no legal background, can decide
what is a fair sentence with regard to one of his friends? As an
American I am outraged that this criminal has had his sentence commuted
simply because of his political ties. It's a slap in the face of
Lady Justice herself. I implore you as a representative of the
State of Colorado to stand firm and raise your voice on this
injustice. A crime was committed and the criminal sentenced.
Please do NOT let him walk free."


This is just another example of the current Administrations blatant disregard for the law and for the Constitution that we, as Americans, live by. They are not in it for Justice. They are not in it for the people. They are in it for themselves and by commuting this sentence it is clear that their buddies can break the law and go free.


IMPEACH CHENEY AND BUSH NOW!!!!

No comments: