Sometime back my dear friend Mynx d'Meanor posted an interview on her blog. I replied saying I wanted her to ask me some questions. She did and here are the questions (and answers) along with the original instructions.
THE GUIDELINES:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
1) what's in the trunk of your car? Well, I have a Yeep Wrangler so I don't really have a trunk, but in the very back of my Yeep I usually have my skateboard. You never know when it will come in handy.
2) what shall we do with the drunken sailor? Oh! That's naughty!
3) describe one of your favorite memories of cape town? There are a lot of great memories of Cape Town. I went there for work to evaluate the program that Emory has with the University of Cape Town. I was there with other people from various Universities around the world for a "Come and See" tour. One of the special projects that the kids who went to study abroad would get to be a part of was working in one of the many townships in Cape Town. So, in order to see the work that they would be a part of we loaded up on busses and got to go out into 3 different townships. We met children and women's groups who came to welcome us and show us their library, their crafts, and their community center where they are working hard to make life better for themselves and their families. It was really a profound reminder how unimportant material things are compared to strength of character. It's not really something that you can put words to clearly enough. It was just really an important lesson I think everyone in the "1st" world should get the opportunity to know.
Something a little less dramatic was when I was sharing a panini with my friend Stian on the steps at the wharf. That was an amazing sammich.
4) if you could pack everything you like/love with you (your house, etc.), where in the world would we find smoooochie? Why?
The world is a huge place. On any given day I might choose Stockholm, Cape Town, Grand Cayman Island, or maybe even Costa Rica. However, today I am not choosing those. I might change my mind tomorrow, but since it's just a game that's part of the fun.
I love where I live now because I can be outside a LOT and in all reality I have a lot of great things going for me here. Denver has mountains nearby, lots of fun outdoor stuff, and a good airport to get us out to other places. The drawback is that it's such a small city. I don't like that so much. In light of that, and the fact that I miss my old home town so much, I would have to say you'd probably find me back in Atlanta.
I would move my family, house (and brand new beautiful garden) and many of the local skateparks (Denver, Aurora, Canon City, Montrose) all to Atlanta. Then I would have a gorgeous climate, free places to skateboard and my family with me. The first thing I would do is head down to 5 Seasons Pub and get some grub and a delicious beer. Damn, I miss that place! They also have a great airport so I could visit all my peeps and snowboard now and then, too!
5) do you have any absolute, consumer-whore materialistic guilty pleasure vices? do tell.
Soap. I have no qualms about spending $5-15 on a bar of really nice soap. Some of my favs are:
- origins ginger body bar
- aveda refreshing bath bar
- archipelago organics morning mint
- eskander sandalwood soap
- pre de provence olive oil soap
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
whee! this was such a great read! thanks so much for playing along. i loved reading your answers. :)
xoxox
Oooh! Pick me! MMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!
::waves hand wildly::
Post a Comment