Thursday, April 19, 2007

Catching up...

I’ve been avoiding posting anything about the Virginia Tech shooting/shooter. I’m not exactly sure why because I’ve had a lot of thoughts and have been keeping up with it. I suppose there is enough out there being said. My heart does go out to all the parents. I cannot fathom the heartache. So, that’s what I have to say about that.

On a more positive note I’ve been very busy doing stuff and not very busy writing about it. I’m not really sure how to talk about what I’ve been doing for a week and not make it sound like a list. I can tell you that I’ve had some great Indian food, seen a baseball game (for free) and welcomed my son back from camp. See, it’s listy.

Speaking of the game we were in our seats eating cotton candy (my weakness) and I happened to look over to the section next to us. The crowd was sparse (and that’s being generous) so I noticed a man I thought I recognized. I did a double take and I was certain that I knew this person, but it was one of those situations where you think, “How could HE be HERE?” I told Dan and he encouraged me to go talk to the guy. I did. Sure enough he was a friend of mine from Atlanta. He was a PhD student at Emory when I was working there. And there he was at a Rockies game in Denver! He got a job here after he finished his dissertation, and is living about 3 miles from us. The world is such a small funny place.

No comments: