I'm in bed at 9:28 p.m. I feel like a child who has been sent to bed with the threat that Santa won't show up if I don't get right to sleep. I can hear my boyfriend downstairs shuffling paper and moving things about, but I know I can't go downstairs until tomorrow morning to find out what all the commotion is about.
Tomorrow is not Valentine's Day for me. Tomorrow is my 38th birthday.
Tonight I sit in bed with the laptop and wonder what surprises await me in the morning. I have time to think about what being 38 is supposed to mean, what goals I might want to associate with my year of being 38, etc. I am excited to see what prezzies I'm getting, but I am pretty excited with the kind words and funny things my friends will say to me. I already got this one.
So, what does 38 mean. It means there are still tricks to learn, friends to discover and enjoy, and smiles to be given. It means that I will get another day (hopefully) of giving to other people because it makes me happy. It means that I've been lucky enough to make it this far. It means that I get more chances to learn, forgive, laugh, love and partake. It means that my children are getting older and will soon be taller than I am and figure out that I don't know a lot of things. It means I get fruit tart for breakfast!! Being thirty-eight is just like any other age I've taken on- fierce and amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment