Monday, December 04, 2006

2006- a summary

A shout out for Mynxy for reminding me about this meme. This is a good one to do each year, compare to the last, and plan for the next. So, here is my list.

What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? I learned to carve both front and backsides in a bowl. Visited Seattle. Deskunked my dogs. Snowboarded. Cooked a Tandoori Turkey.

Did you keep your new years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year? Yes. I did. Yes. I will.

Did anyone close to you give birth? A LOT of people did. What was in the water? I think the count is up around 10 at this point with still one on the way.

Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully, no.

What countries did you visit? I only traveled domestically.

What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? A really decent ollie. A maid.

What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 19th, 2006. We drove through a blizzard to Casa Bonita to celebrate Bronte’s birthday. April 1st we moved into our beautiful house.

What was your biggest achievement of the year? I paid off both my credit cards and my car. That’s pretty big.

What was your biggest failure? I bought Dan a kilt that he looks super sexy in, but he doesn’t like it because it’s still stiff.

Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing major. I nearly broke my tail bone snowboarding and then got pretty banged up skateboarding. It was worth it.

What was the best thing you bought? My skateboard. Definitely my skateboard.

Whose behavior merited celebration? The American people for kicking the Thugs out of office. IMPEACH BUSH NOW!!

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The Bushistas

Where did most of your money go? My children. I suspect it will remain that way for years to come.

What did you get really, really, really excited about? Paying off my debt! WoooooT!!!

What song will always remind you of 2006? Transformer by Gnarls Barkley

Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? Happier
thinner or fatter? Fatter
Richer or poorer? Richer

What do you wish you’d done more of? I’m a broken record. I would have skateboarded more. I can’t skateboard enough. I need MORE!!!

What do you wish you’d done less of? Putting up with morons, both personally and professionally.

How will you be spending Christmas? With my boyfriend- he’s my sexy Santa. WooT!

Did you fall in love in 2006? Nope. I stayed in love!

What was your favorite TV program? The Deadliest Catch, Top Chef, Project Runway

Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Yes. I do.

What was the best book you read? Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Offce

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2006? Lupe Fiasco

What did you want and get? My house! I love it!

What did you want and not get? A different job.

What was your favorite film of this year? Little Miss Sunshine!!

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? My Hootie took me to my favorite restaurant.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A job where I am appreciated. That’s the one thing missing in my life right now. Well, and a maid.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Nice jewelry is key.

What kept you sane? The Danimal and skateboarding. No joke.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Keith Olbermann. GO KEITH!!!

What political issue stirred you the most? The B.S. in Washington.

Who did you miss? My grandmother. I always do. I always will.

Who was the best new person you met? I finally met Annetastic in person.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: Listen to people when they tell you who they are and believe them.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“And so they kick, push, kick, push, kick, push, kick push, coastAnd away they rolledJust rebels without a cause with no place to goAnd so they kick, push, kick, push, kick, push, kick push, coastSo come roll with meJust a rebelLooking for a place to beSo let's kick...and push...and coast”

No comments: