Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Weekend Surprises



On Saturday night we were fortunate enough to be given some really awesome hockey tickets to see the Colorado Avalanche. To make it an event the Danimal and I decided to surprise the children by not telling them that we were going. About 30 mins before we left I told them to go change into warm clothing because we had a surprise for them. Of course there were a lot of questions, but I gave no answers. Secretly a cab was called and the children were given further directions, “Go stand outside and keep an eye out.” “What are we looking for, Mom?” “You’ll know when you see it.” Up came the cab and off we went.
Rather than just going to the game we went to dinner (on the boss) at Brooklyn’s which is right next to the Pepsi Center here in Denver. We ordered drinks, apps, and then a full entrĂ©e for each of us. Despite our best efforts to kill some time (as we got there earlier than expected) we were still ahead of time. I ordered coffee and then went to the ladies room. When I came back to the table a Styrofoam cup of coffee was at my place setting. I’m not going to waste time being apologetic about this but that’s just fucked up. We spent $92 on dinner and I got a freakin’ Styrofoam cup?!? I asked the waiter about it in a joking manner and his rebuff was, “You get what you get. We only have about 20 cups here.” Are you kidding me? So, that will be the last time we’ll go there. Whatever. It didn’t ruin the night.
We went out of the restaurant and Bronte wanted to know where the cab went. We pointed to the arena across the street. She wasn’t excited. Her mood and expression changed though after we got settled and the action on the ice started. All in all the kids had a blast and so did the adults. I can’t wait until we can go again. Next time I’m holding out for a real coffee cup though. Haha!

By the way, a note to Brooklyn’s. The next night we went out to dinner at Duo, spent $22 less on dinner and I got an actual china cup. So FACE!!!

No comments: