Wednesday, February 15, 2006

It Is What It Is

There are times in our lives where we just don’t get it whatever “it” might be. Whether it’s exactly what our 4th grade teacher is trying to teach us, a life lesson our parents are trying to help us understand, or later in life when we are trying to figure out things that everyone else seems to have mastered. My move to Colorado has been that way for me. There were times where I just didn’t get it. I felt myself struggling to still grasp the idea of what it meant to live in Colorado again both health-wise and financially. Being a single mom with few friends near was such a frustrating struggle. I ran into situations romantically that I didn’t get and no matter how I reworked it in my head I just ended up falling and trying over again. In the end, it just took patience and standing on the couch to get it. It took patience from my friends in seeing me fall and fall and fall before I got it. It took patience from my family dealing with all my frustration and tears. For those that stood by (sometimes pissed off and scowling) and let me figure it out and put up with it I owe you so much. Thanks y’all. I love you.
For those who lost patience and gave up on me it is what it is. I figured it out. I got it.

No comments: