I did this last year and was reminded when a few Tribe pals did it again this year. It's been a year.
What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
*had a residence in Denver, took my photo wearing a bikini in a snowstorm, rode my bike regularly to work. Nothing major, but all good stuff.
Did you keep your new years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
*I don’t know that I made any. I’m trying to remember if I did. Hmmmm…
Did anyone close to you give birth?
*Nope. Next year there will be 4 babies that I know of.
Did anyone close to you die?
*Nope. Not this year thank goodness.
What countries did you visit?
*none
What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
*the opportunity to travel and a little extra cash
What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
*wow, it was such an eventful year I’m not sure.
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
*moving to Denver successfully
What was your biggest failure?
*why focus on the negative
Did you suffer illness or injury?
*I think I was sick for half of the winter and then again a few times this fall. It’s the climate here. It’s hard on me.
What was the best thing you bought?
*My amazing ColeHaan black boots…
Whose behavior merited celebration?
*the people who helped rescue all those in need during Katrina
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
*my extended family, the current presidential administration
Where did most of your money go?
*taking care of my children
What did you get really, really, really excited about?
*I was pretty stoked when I got my current job. And then when my longboard came in the mail. Yeah…that was exciting.
What song will always remind you of 2005?
*We Belong Together- Mariah Carey (my daughter and I sing it all the time)
Compared to this time last year, are you:
Richer/poorer? *richer for sure. I can only see next year as being even better.
Happier/Sadder? *about the same. I never end a year without laughter and tears.
Thinner/Fatter? *urgh…fatter.
What do you wish you’d done more of?
*spending time with my friends in person, skateboarding, being outside, listening to music
What do you wish you’d done less of?
*drinking beer, watching TV, cleaning house
How will you be spending Christmas?
*with my children, dear friends, and family
What was your favorite TV program?
*MythBusters, Trading Spouses, Desperate Housewives, Viva La Bam
Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
*nope. I don’t have time for that.
What was the best book you read?
*Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
What was your greatest musical discovery of 2005?
*I am so loving a few things.
- Sophie and Ives
-Tegan and Sarah
What did you want and get?
*a skateboard, Surf One Luau II longboard
What did you want and not get?
*a Segway, and more time
What was your favorite film of this year?
*Wedding Crashers
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
*I went on a horrible date. I was 36.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
*leaving Colorado Springs
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
*um...mostly covered up?
What kept you sane?
*good food and social time
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
*definitely Jason Statham, as always. He’s so yummy. Anderson Cooper is definitely second though.
What political issue stirred you the most?
*oh fuck. This is way too loaded and there is just too much shit to even re-cap.
Who did you miss?
*my grandmother, my Atlanta pals, Pecan
Who was the best new person you met?
*Danimal
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
*don’t assume anything
Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“You like this and you know it
Caution, it’s so explosive
Them chickens is ash and I’m lotion”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment