Friday, November 25, 2005

mishmash

It's my 3rd day off work and I'm finding that it's exactly what I needed. I've done a lot of nothing, but I've done quite a bit of something as well. It's not the something that I usually tie up my life with, but other things. Cooking things that take time, going through and folding all the gazillion socks that we usually just don't bother to mess with, watching movies more than once, and even taking the time to give myself a mini-pedicure. It's been good.
Even through my few days of doing not so much my brain has been as active as always. Thoughts of where I want to be in a year financially and physically keep coming to the surface and per usual I have gone back to my plan and moved it around a bit mostly to find that I'm still on track and things are good. Time goes so quickly with something, but with things like money they always seem to move so slowly. My "Verucaness" doesn't do well with waiting and when it comes to not having to pinch pennies even more so.
I am not the only one in the world who is on a budget. I know this. I"m sure that all the folks who have moved to Colorado due to Hurrican Katrina are on one. I wonder what they think of Michael Brown opening up a consulting firm right next door (in Boulder) that focuses on disaster preparedness. I think he's an ass personally. I can't imagine putting much faith in his company if I were seeking such a service, but then I wouldn't think that his old boss were worthy of being president either.
On another note I'm having corndogs for lunch. Yes, they are probably loaded with crap that I shouldn't eat but they taste good. So there. Ramble done.

No comments: