As I watch the news, read accounts of victims and read the blogs of people who are following the tragedy that the South is going through right now I continue to be stunned. I’m stunned at the denial of knowledge the federal government continues to claim. I’m stunned at the accounts there are still people dying today because they haven’t been rescued almost a week after the hurricane. I, like the rest of the country, am asking the question “Why?” and probably like the majority of those asking that question there nothing but spin for an answer. I want to yell that it’s too late for an excuse or an apology. But they wouldn’t hear just like they don’t hear the cries of the thousands still abandoned in New Orleans.
I still contend that this isn’t the Tsunami, Iraq, like a third world country. It’s not. And because it’s not the enormity of this tragedy shouldn’t have happened. There were warnings. There were studies and reports that went to both FEMA and Homeland Security. And for fucksake, there was money and an infrustructure to get people out. Again, the question of “why?” goes unanswered.
I feel numb. Numb from the anger, the hurt, and the extreme feeling of helplessness. I want answers even though at this point it’s too late for maybe thousands for answers. How can I feel numb and angry and pained over this all at the same time?
I’m rambling. I know I am. I don’t know what else to do. Give money. Alright. Done. Now what? Now what, Mr. Bush? Shall I play golf or go out and raise some money for more partisan politics? Shall I send out a search team for Dick Cheney because I haven't seen or heard fuckall from that bastard on this situation and he's the fucking Vice President? So, tell me what should I do? There is nothing I can do right now, but I guarantee that when I’m no longer completely numb and full of disbelief my anger will be rage.
One last question for Mr. Bush and all of his cronies (not that the morons will even understand it)~ Who is John Galt?


No comments:
Post a Comment