Friday, August 19, 2005

Meme-ories

I'm slow and this was a hard one. Abby sent me a link to her meme and now I've done my own. WooT! Thanks Abby!

1. Where I was ten years ago~
I was married to Kevin (my now ex-husband) and living in Hephzibah, GA (a small suburb of Augusta) and about 8 ½ months pregnant with my first child, Geoffrey. I wasn’t working so spent my days doing a lot of nothing and hanging out with my two dogs.


2. Where I was five years ago~
I was living in Stone Mountain, GA with Kevin, Geoffrey and Bronte. I worked for TruGreen LandCare. I think I was training for the Avon Breast Cancer 3Day walk. It seems like much longer than 5 years ago. It was another lifetime.

3. Where I was one year ago~
I had just moved to Colorado Springs with Geoffrey and Bronte and was working at Red Noland Infiniti selling cars. I was really trying to find a niche in C/S where I fit, but it just never gelled.


4. Where I was yesterday~
I was at the Dr. with Bronte getting her chin stitched up after she fell on the playground at school. Poor poppette. She’s fine though.

5. Where I am today~
At work. Sort of working. I rode my bike in. This evening I’m going with my friend Anita for a pedicure. Yay!!

6. Where I will be tomorrow~
We are going for crepes in the morning at work and then I’ll be in my office tomorrow afternoon. I have nothing planned in the evening.

  • 7. Five snacks I enjoy
    · Barbara’s Bakery Cheese Puffs
    · Braeburn apples with Nutella
    · Pitted fruit (apricots, nectarines, peaches, plums)
    · Luna bars
    · Rice Krispy treats
  • 8. Five singers (or bands) for whom I know the lyrics to most of their songs:
    Only five? Hmmm…
    · Jack Johnson
    · Bob Marley
    · Nirvana
    · Foo Fighters
    · Incubus
  • 9. Five things I would do with $100,000,000
    This is a lot of money. I usually dream with lesser amounts based on a tax free lump sum, but here it goes.
    · Pay off all my debt
    · Pay off my friends AND my mom & dad’s debt up to $100K. However, they’d all have to do some task that I assign based on personality as follows.
    o Dan- he’d have to submit a spankin’ new resume and prove he submitted it to at least 10 different places. Once he’d secured a new job he’d have to shave his head AND he’d have to wear a Utilitikilt (I’d provide several) around for a month.
    o Abby- I want her to cook for me, but she makes some crazy stuff so I might have to pre-approve the menu. Also, she’d have to sing for Geoffrey & Bronte’s school one time.
    o Frisbee girl- she would have to go one week without biting her tongue. Everytime she wanted to say something back to anyone she’d have to and she’d have to let me video tape the entire week.
    o Scissors- he would have to take two weeks off work and go on vacation with me. No exceptions and NO WORK!!
    o Mynxy- She would let me pick out her clothes for a week. She’s such a doll that she should have to play dress up with me. Yay!! And at the end of the week we would have a PJ party w/ the whole crew.
    o Pecan- he would have to answer me honestly and upfront for the rest of his life. No more beating around the bush or flat out not answering direct questions. And he’d have to throw away his Crocs.
    o Steph- She would have to promise to get a babysitter and get out of the house for at least 8 hours a week. It could be broken up however she wanted, but 8 hours would be the minimum “Steph time.”
    o Mom- she’d have to promise to never send me another forwarded cutsie e-mail ever, ever, ever again.
    o Dad- he’d have to make me a whole lot of furniture (I’d buy the wood)
    · purchase a house in South Africa, a loft on Portrero Hill, and a loft in Denver
    · invest, invest, invest
    · get my teaching certificate and teach middle school. Yes, I’m insane.

10. Five locations I would like to run away to:
South Africa, the hot springs in Iceland, Zanzibar, Mexico, Stockholm

  • 11. Five bad habits I have:
    · leaving my shoes all over the house wherever I happen to take them off
    · not letting go of people/situations when I know I should. I obsess.
    · messing w/ my zits. I know I should leave them alone, but they bug the hell out of me. I can’t help it. Why won’t they go away?!
    · checking my phone for text or voice messages…ALL the TIME. It’s more of a nervous habit than a bad habit, but I suppose it might annoy other people.
    · my net addiction. I admit I’m addicted. Deal.
  • 12. Five things I like doing
    · tribing
    · hanging out with my kids doing things like bike riding and watching them skateboard, roller blade
    · cooking a big meal
    · reading
    · eating
  • 13. Five TV shows I like
    · Miami Tattoo
    · Myth Busters
    · The Andy Milonakis show
    · Overhaulin’
    · Sex in the City on DVD

14. Five famous people I’d like to meet:
I can’t pick any. I’ve been trying. Here’s why. The people I really admire that are famous I wouldn’t want to meet because I want to keep admiring them and it might ruin the ideal of who they are. The other famous people I can think of don’t really interest me enough to make me want to spend time with them.

  • 15. My biggest joys
    · my children
    · spending time with the people I love deeply
    · my sweet Max and all his clowny boxer antics
    · riding around in my Yeep with the top down
    · gardening, even though I haven’t had much opportunity over the last year. I love planting things and then taking care of them so they grow and make my surroundings beautiful.

No comments: